I’m become obsessed – okay, not really, but all I can think about lately is sewing! I’ve got tons of things in mind, and just not enough time to even get started!
It started with having a daughter who is now wearing 24 month clothes – apparently, they stop making clothes with diaper covers somewhere around 18 months. Yet, not very many kids are potty trained and in big-girl panties at this age. So, alas, the need for diaper covers arose.
4 pairs later….
The pattern is McCalls M5367 which is now out of print. I don’t plan on making any of the little dresses, just the diaper covers. I had to modify the pattern a bit after the first two pair, which is why the bottom two look a little smaller. This was my first time working with bias tape – on the inside cuff of the legs. I thought it was a smart design, and it turned out pretty well.
Three of these are for everyday wear under skirts and dresses that didn’t come with covers, the red polka dot one goes with this dress….
(I need to tack that ribbon down – I thought it needed more stitching, but the pattern didn’t call for it, but it keeps riding up)
I absolutely love how this turned out. A friend gave me the pattern, Simplicity 4246, I think it’s out of print now, but interestingly enough, the print on the front of the pattern was almost identical to this fabric! You can see it really well on the link if you zoom in on it. I must admit, the bodice lining almost got me, and it was my first time gathering, but all in all, I’m so happy with it!
And, to top it all off, we had recently ordered this strawberry barrette from etsy, prior to the dress, but it goes so perfectly!
I also finished a simple little skirt for her, two fat quarters, cut into 2″ strips, and sewn together vertically, hemmed at the bottom, elastic at the top. Simple as pie! And oh so cute – it’s her bedroom now and she’s sleeping, so no photo op’s for that one!